Blogging has revolutionized the way we use the internet today. Blogging has changed the world to a great extent and makes it possible for people to access any form of information within minutes. So, before we get into the topic further let us try and understand exactly what is known by a ‘blog’. A blog is a short form for ‘weblog’. Blog, as we understand in more technical terms, is a form of an online journal or a website that offers a kind of information. Sometimes the blog deals with just a single type of topic or sometimes it is a collection of more than one type of topic together. Here the topics are arranged in a manner that the latest topics appear on top and likewise the topics are arranged from the latest to the oldest in a chronological manner. The blogs are informative platforms where people express their interests, thoughts, opinions and also their reviews. These are a form of expression in a more communicative manner, where the reader is invited to join in the discussion of sharing their thoughts through comments, remarks and also ratings. Today, to own a blog has grown to be one of the leading steps towards expression, entrepreneurship and also marketing and sales to a certain extent.
Speaking of Blogs, Blog hosting is one of the prime aspects of launching your own blog. So, what do we understand by Blog Hosting in the first place? Let us find out. Blog hosting refers to the process through which a company ‘offers’ or provides space in its server in order to let you store your blogs. This allows the users to easily gain access to your blog when online, thus offering the people with a vast variety of topics that they would want to go through.
Now, that we know what a blog is all about and what is known as the blog hosting service, let us know more about the top blog hosting services in 2020
Blue host: Blog hosting service
Blue host tops the list of the best blog hosting services in 2020. There are various reasons as to why this has been featured on top of the list. The Blue host blog hosting service has an uptime of 99.99% and has a super-fast load time, making it the best amongst the others in the market. This web hosting service has been recommended by WordPress itself as it hosts about 2 million websites from all over the globe. The service offered is easy and reliable making it one of the most widely used by users everywhere.
- This web hosting service has an uptime of 99.9%
- This web hosting service is super fast
- This web hosting service is cost-effective
- This web hosting service is user-friendly
- This web hosting service has pre-installed WordPress
- This web hosting service has a good support service
- This service has a nice 30-day money-back guaranteed.
This web hosting service is also great in various features like free site migration when a user is switching from another web hosting service. The Bluehost web hosting service has round the clock support system which is rapid and friendly. Also, this web hosting service is considered the best beginner and new start-ups.
HostGator Cloud: Web hosting service
This web hosting service offers unlimited bandwidth and storage to its users. This web hosting service hosts about 10 million websites from all over the world. Because of its usability and accessibility, the HostGator Cloud is one of the most popular web hosting services on the list. The performance of this web hosting service is reliable and consistent. The uptime for this service for the past 6 months has been recorded to be 99.97% and the load time has been recorded to be 479ms.
Pros of HostGator Cloud
- This web hosting service has an uptime of 99.97%
- This web hosting service has a 479 millisecond of average load time.
- This web hosting service offers Free site migration.
- This web hosting service has unlimited Bandwidth and storage.
SiteGround: Web hosting service
It is slightly a more expensive web hosting service but still quite efficient in its functions and features. The best part about this SiteGround Web hosting service is perhaps its excellent customer support services and efficiency. This site is great to use as it offers free SSL certificates, email accounts, free WordPress installation, free migration, and daily backups. Every feature about this web hosting service is hi-end and simply great to work with.
Pros of SiteGround
- This web hosting service has an uptime of 99.98%
- This web hosting service offers great customer support
- This web hosting service is user-friendly
- This web hosting service is good for WordPress hosting
- This web hosting service has been recommended by the WordPress
- This web hosting service has an average stable speed at 615 ms
DreamHost: Web Hosting Service
This is one of the oldest and popular known web hosting services and has hosted about 1.5 million sites worldwide. This service might not have a great uptime like the rest of the services mentioned above, but nevertheless they get the popularity of being the first ones to start a blog. The average load time speed of this service has come to be 719 ms and the uptime was 99.5%. This web hosting service also has a 97-day money-back offer to make one of the most trusted brands to work with.
Pros at DreamHost
- This web hosting service has an uptime of 99.95%
- This web hosting has a load time of 719 ms
- This web hosting offers 97 days money back offer
- This web hosting has unlimited bandwidth
- This web hosting has great customer support.
InMotion Hosting: Web Hosting Service
This web hosting service has been around for over a decade and has a great customer base of 300000 domains. InMotion is considered to be the best for businesses and has a decent price to start with. The tech support team at this web hosting service is efficient and is US-based. They also offer the users more than one plan to choose from depending upon their requirements. This web hosting service also allows the users to scale your hosting with the growth in business.
Pros at InMotion Hosting
- This web hosting service has an uptime of 99.94%
- This web hosting service has a great customer support service
- This web hosting has a nice speed of 802 ms
- This web hosting offers unlimited email accounts
- This web hosting service offers free site migration
- This web hosting offers a free SSL certificate.
GoDaddy- Web hosting Service
This is perhaps one of the most well-recognized brands around. This particular brand has been operating as a domain registrar for quite some time now, also making it one of the largest known domain registrars across the globe. Because of its brand presence, this web hosting service is preferred by a majority of beginners.
Pros at GoDaddy web hosting
- This web hosting has an uptime of 99.97%
- This web hosting has a speed of 500 ms
- This web hosting service offers free domain
- This web hosting service offers 1 click migration
- This web hosting offers free daily backups
- This web hosting service has round the clock customer support.
As a new blogger, one must understand that there are a few factors to watch out when selecting the perfect web hosting service:
- Uptime: Whenever the traffic goes down, it could damage your traffic and also your name, so select and uptime of minimum 99.94%
- Speed: Quick load time helps
- Support: Good support is a huge help
This is more like trade or a form of sales, as the web host charges a set amount of fee from the person who is utilizing the server for their blog. This way both the parties enjoy a nice correlation of profit, where the space on a website is kind of ‘rented’ out to a blogger. It is necessary to understand that every blogger needs a webspace to ‘place’ their content and it could be just about anywhere which is reputed or known.
Sometimes, a blogger goes for a free blog hosting service; this can be due to a lot of reasons. Maybe they do not have the funds, they are not experienced, they are not aware or are simply too scared. When you have just started with a new blog, you need to understand that in order to add more authenticity to your blogs you better purchase your own domain. This allows the blogger to own a standalone site and it comes at a price. This also increases your chances of being more visible over the internet and being available on the top search engines.